Education and Teaching for all

Education and Learning

Children who have a special educational need or disability (SEND) may need some extra help to get the best out of their education .Children with SEND can usually be supported from the resources which early years settings, schools and colleges have available to them. Some children with very severe and long term needs may require an Education, Health and Care Plan issued by the Local Authority (previously known as a Statement of Special Educational Needs). These pages explain what early years settings, schools and colleges can provide for children with SEND and what specialist facilities, including special schools, are available. Early years settings, schools and Further Education Colleges in the West Berkshire area have been asked to answer some questions about how they support children with SEND. Their answers are published here. You can also find information in this section about procedures for statutory Education, Health and Care assessments.

Related sections

Sub Content Links

View all services in this category