Disabled Childrens Team
Monday to Thursday 8.30pm to 5.00 and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Local Offer Description
DCT is a statutory child care team specifically for children with special needs/disabilities. We offer a service to children and families where there is a child in need of support. We also have a statutory responsibility and undertake all child protection investigations where there is a child that requires intervention and safeguarding.
- Contact Name
- Charlotte Roper
- Contact Telephone
- 01635 503161
- Contact Email
- Age Bands
12 to 14,
15 to 16,
0 to 1,
5 to 7,
1 to 4,
16 to 18,
7 to 11
- SEND Provision Type
Severe Learning Difficulties,
Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties,
Behavioural, Emotional & Social Difficulties,
Autistic Spectrum Disorder,
Speech & Language Difficulties
- Is your service accessible? (consider in general terms how you make your service accessible, in addition to any specific premises issues)
- What are the eligibility criteria for your service? (please include any age restrictions, types of need catered for etc)
- The DCT primarily offers social care and OT support to children with significant disabilities, as described in The Children Act 1989. However over time language and access to services have been modernised to provide a more inclusive approach to work with children and their families.
Children and young people from birth to eighteen years if they have complex and severe learning / physical disabilities i.e.:-
If their disability means they have significantly greater difficulty with physical, learning, social, emotional or educational development than the majority of children of the same age
Learning disability and physical disability issues resulting in long-term impairment of health and social development.
Very complex health needs where a child has a life limiting illness and where co-ordination is needed from a multi agency perspective to ensure good planning and quality outcomes
Requiring constant supervision and dependent on others even for basic day-to-day care needs.
A permanent and significant learning disability/physical disability sufficient to prevent the child/young person from fulfilling roles/activities which are generally within the capacity of children of that age,.
Where there is a significant hearing impairment or visual impairment.
- How are referrals/applications made to your service? (include details of who can refer/apply and referral and application process)
- CAAS may complete an assessment to consider whether your child’s need may meet DCT criteria.
- Who provides / funds your service?
- Local Authority
- Are children, young people, parents / carers charged for your service?
- Feedback and complaints procedure
- Compliments and complaints leaflets are available to users of the service.
- How will I know my child will be safe using this service?
- DCT have a statutory responsibility and undertake all child protection investigations where there is a child that requires intervention and safeguarding.